Thursday, March 26, 2009

HELLO EVERYONE -- THIS IS MAXINE WITH THE NEWEST UPDATES.

We had an appointmnet with our general oncologist on Tues. She was very nice and answered a lot of our questions. What she could not answer she said she would try to find someone who could. She took a lot of time with us and was very pleasant and helpful. She gave us the number for the radiation oncologist and we called when we got home and made an appt. The soonest they could get us in was April 7. Which we were a little concerned about as there was so much time between my surgery and that date.

We took Chris and Linda to the airport on Wednesday and on our way home we were talking about calling to see if we could get in sooner. When we got home we had 3 phone calls from Kaiser, one was with radiation oncology for today at 1:30 one was from Dr. Hui for me to have blood work done ASAP and the other was with a neurologist as some of the questions Dr. Hui thought they could answer. We thought the message said 10:45 this a.m. and after rushing down to Sac it was actually for 10:15 so we missed that one. In actuality, the radiation oncologist answered most of the questions

We met with him this afternoon and he was very nice as well and answered most of our questions. He went over the side effects of radiation and told us that some people breeze right through when others really struggle. I had a CT scan and they marked my head for the radiation treatment which begins next Wednesday. April 1. I will have 6 weeks, 5 days per week, Mon through Fri. I'll have Sat. and Sun. off. and I will have the oral chemo at the same time. He said some people do get nausea from the radiation, but some don't. Each treatment will take about 15 minutes. We will need to drive down to Rancho Cordova for these treatments. All of the people in the radiation dept. are very nice. There is a 91 year old woman who crochets hats and donates them for people to use while losing their hair. Both oncologists seemed to think it would be OK for me to go to China in May, (the 18-28) It all depends on how I feel, I told Marty that I would love to go, gut if I am not feeling OK, I won't go.

Last week I received a package in the mail and it was a beautiful lap quilt made by the women at the Sparks United Methodist Church. They do this through an organization called prayers and squares, and everyplace it is tied they said a prayer for me. Isn't that awesome. I love it. There are so many things we can do to help others instead of just thinking about ourselves all the time.

Tomorrow we are going to Jackson, it is grandparents day at Makenzie Johnson's school and it is a fundraiser. These are always fun. Marty will share a little in the service on Sun. a.m. about his trip to Bangladesh. We will come home on Sun. evening after we go to a healing service at the Penryn Faith 4 Square church. This is where Bob and Kay Owens serve. Bill and Barbara Seal worship there also.

We have been out running around everyday this day this week and let me tell you about 3:00 p.m. I hit a wall and I am done. As soon as I finish this, I am going to bed.

Keep up the prayers and I love the comments. Love to all of you, Maxine

3 comments:

  1. Hi Maxine, Just wanted you to know that you are on our prayer chain at our church(Lakeport Christian Assembly of God) Our pastors Mike and Ruth Suski are praying for you also as we do daily.
    We were so sorry that you and Marty couldn't come over for Marty to preach here and tell of his experiences evangelizing on his trips overseas. We had wanted it to happen for such a long time.
    As things worked out our Pastor Mike had to go to Poland; his father passed away and he traveled to Poland with his son to be with his mother for the funeral and to spend some time with her.
    We will pray for another time for you and Marty to come here so he can speak to our church.
    On the lighter side I saw in the comments that Dan Sisneros sent a note and I remembered the "Kings Kids". Karen and Linda were in that group with Dan, that doesn't seem that long ago but it's been about 30 years ago. Those were great times for them.
    We love you and Marty very much and pray that we can get together with you soon.
    Terry and Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you and every morning begin our day asking for God's strength and healing for you. Dale and Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. His perfect peace and love to you this day, Maxine. You're in my prayers... Liseanne :-)

    ReplyDelete