Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hello again Everyone:

First off, Tara is our precious daughter-in-law, wife of Michael and mother of 3 of our 14 grandchildren, Michael John, Taylor and Tyler (born Dec. 23). She is a blessing to our family. We are so thankful for Tara, Sheela (Matthew's wife), Mark Johnson (Martha's husband) and Brad (Mary's husband). We have been blessed to have such wonderful son's and daughter's -in-law. And we look forward to Mark finding a wonderful wife and Mikala a wonderful husband. When they get married, there will be 29 in our family until more grandchildren come along. Ifeel truly blessed among women.

All is going well here at the home base. We drove to Chico on Sat. to a wedding of some dear friends and then stopped by to see Dana and Cindy Hagman on our way home. That was fun, but after we left there, I told Marty that I was done, and needed to be in bed. I came home, took a Vicadan and went straight to bed. I have been sleeping great, get up maybe 2 times to go to the bathroom. One of the things that has been affected by my surgery is that when I need to go, I need to go and should go ASAP. If I wait too long, I take the chance of not making it. I am wearing depends a lot of the time.

We are so excited, my nephew Chris Anderson and his wife, Linda, are coming in from Lubbock, TX on Thursday night and will be here over the weekend. His sister Robin called today and they may come in June. My oldest brother John and his wife Dorthy may come in May and bring my mother. My brother Pete may come also in May. It will be great to see all of them. Please keep my mother in your prayers also, she will be 98 in August and has already lost 2 of her children to cancer. My sister had breast cancer and passed away in 1990 and my brother Paul passed away last year with a brain tumor, the same kind I had but it was in a place where they could not operate.

I have truly enjoyed reading the comments in the blog, some of the scriptures that have been shared have been a great encouragement. Keep them coming. I especially like Isaiah 46:3-4. Jer. 29:11 is a good one also.

I better go and get in bed it is getting late. We are thankful for all the prayers that are going up on our families behalf and all the love we feel from so many. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU ALL ABUNDANTLY.

2 comments:

  1. Aunt Max we are so glad you are doing so well we are praying for you daily. We love you all so much. We will look forward to seeing you soon. Love you Alanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maxine,
    What a wondeful site. Just wanted to say hi and that my family and I praying for you.
    My kids sometimes remind me to pray for you guys and your work. They're 8, 6 and 6 and keeping me in line. Aint kids great.
    I remember when I travelled with Marty to the Phillipines in 85 or so. In a basketball gym the group layed hands on an elderly woman and prayed for her hearing to be restored. It was and that moment changed my life forever.
    The power and wisdom of our Savior knows no bounds and the faith you have lived by is a source of inspiration and example to us all.
    We are so fortunate to be called your friends and I just wanted to share a memory of the influence you and your family have had on my life.

    Love you,
    Neal

    ReplyDelete