Monday, April 27, 2009

Hello Everyone:

If this is your first time on the blog, I would like to suggest that you go all they way back to the very first post that was written in March, that will give you all the details of everything that happened. Read the comments too, I have been so blessed by those.

I just returned last night from a wonderful weekend at the Spring Ladies Retreat at Redwood Christian Park. We had a fantastic time, Martha, Mary, Mikala and Ashley, a friend of Mikala's that she met when she was in England a few years ago) and Vicky Murphy, a friend of Martha's from her church in Jackson. All of us led worship for the retreat. I was so blessed to be able to do this with my girls. Hopefully next year, Tara and Sheela will be able to be with us. The main speaker was Judy Hampton from So. Cal. and she was absolutely great. She had us laughing, was encouraging and also challenging. However, I am extremely tired today. In fact, I may go to bed real soon here, it is only 7 p.m.

Mikala flew back to No. Carolina today. I will miss her. She was always very quick to be right at my side if I needed assistance or help.

We met with my oncologist today and she said everything is looking good. My white blood count is good, s0 you can pray for that to continue. Love to everyone, Maxine




5 comments:

  1. We love you so much and am so glad to hear you are feeling well. I'm glad you had a good weekend with your beautiful daughters. You are so blessed to have such a wonderful family. I am grateful to be a part of such a sweet family. Tell everyone we say hi and we love you all. Love Alanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maxine, Thank you for sharing your site with us this weekend at retreat. It was such a joy to be around so many caring women and to listen to everyone's voices singing together in worship with your family and friends. I didn't realize so many of you lived near Sacramento where I am, too. -- Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maxine, I love you and continue to pray for you during this time. Glad you girls had a great time this past weekend. Family is important. Pam and I are fine, busy with church and all that May brings with the ending of school. Stay strong in your faith. All things are possible with God! Love you, Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to hear that you guys had a great weekend. We are sorry that we weren't able to make it out for the Easter weekend. I was on a retreat with Kira and Eli had a wedding renewal and the three other kids, (which is kind of overwhelming when he's also trying to "work") We missed getting to see you and all of the family. God is good. I am glad that you are feeling well and able to get out to be with your girls. We love you and pray for you always.
    Love, Kelcey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Maxine =) just read your most recent update. glad to hear things were good at the end of april. i hope to make it up there sometime soon to visit. the pool's just getting up and running with another busy busy summer! and wedding plans are on the rise. i'll fill you in soon. with love, toni

    ReplyDelete