Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hello: It has been awhile since I updated this blog. We have had a lot of company which we have totally enjoyed, but it did not leave me time to post. My brother Pete from Texas was here for 4 days, then my brother John and his wife Dorthy from Tulsa, OK were here for a week. It was great having them here. We had not seen them in almost a year.

I finished my radiation treatments on May 12, and I am completely done with radiation. We will take a break from chemo as well for about 5 weeks.then I will have an MRI on May 21 then meet with my primary oncologist on June 16 to go over the next step which will be a regimine of 5 days oral chemo every month then nothing the rest of the month. Dr. Hui (Huey) said this round of chemo will be stronger and might make me sick. I will still have Zofran available to take if I need it, which I probably will since I am such a wimp when it comes to throwing up. I hate it. She also said that my energy level should come back slowly. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.

It is late and I am getting sleepy, have not stayed up this late in awhile, so goodnight and I will update later. Thanks again for all the prayers. We love you all, Maxine

5 comments:

  1. Maxine It is great to hear you are doing good we think about you and are praying you stay strong through this time. We love you and hope to come see you soon. Love Alanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim and Gloria KrauseMay 14, 2009 at 11:22 AM

    Maxine, praise God for family, friends and, especially prayer in times like these... ALL TIMES!!
    Gloria and I will continue to pray for you, Marty and your family as you navigate the unknown of this 'cancer-thing'. You're a trooper! Love, hugs and blessings.
    Jim and Gloria Krause, Crosswalk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update, Maxine. I check every day to see if there's any news. Still praying for that miracle!!!

    Love,

    Bill & Bonnie Scharnow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hellooooooo...
    Loving you from a distance and still trying to get a handle on this calendar so I can come up and see you and Marty. I was so blessed to see him at the Women's Retreat and then to be able to see you! I'm heading off to Simpson in June for a couple of weeks to complete two more classes towards my Master's degree, but promise to come up during June family camp to see the family.
    Love you deeply

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Maxine. . .Thank you so much for speaking to our ladies at the tea at Nancy's house. You are so inspirational! Oh, oh, oh, I've got a new attitude! I'm trying to maintain an attitude of gratitude. Thank you for reminding us.

    Love,
    Bonnie Scharnow

    ReplyDelete