Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hello Everyone, New news after all this time!

All is going well here at the Hooper household. We were blessed last week to have Matthew, Sheela, Annie. Breeana, Mark and Mikala here for a week. It was wonderful having them here. I don't know how much they enjoyed it since they all got sick and had to go to urgent care in Folsom. Annie was sick when they got here with an ear infection but the medicine the Dr. in So Cal gave her was not working so they took her first then on Wed. Matthew, Mark and Sheela went back to get medicing for themselves. It sounds like they are all doing better now.

Wed. after my radiation treatment, Martha, Mary, Mikala, Sheela, Tara and myself were blessed with a night of luxury at the Foxes Inn in Sutter Creek. The owners are friends of Mark and Martha and she gave this to all of us as a gift. If you ever want to go to a great B & B and be treated like royalty, go there for a night or two. I had never been to a B&B so it was great fun for me. It was awesome and the food was fantastic.

I have had 3 blood draws and so far my white blood count is good. So that is how everyone can be praying is that my white count does not go down.

I am really excited, my two brothers John (and his wife Dorthy)and Pete are coming to CA to see us the first part of May. John & Dorthy are from Tulsa, OK and Pete is from Amherst, TX which is very close to Lubbock. My mother has decided not to come. She will be 98 in August and the trip would be really hard on her.

Thank you for all you prayers, it is working. I have not had nausea, but am extremely tired all the time. God bless you and keep you in His care. We love you. Marty and Maxine

2 comments:

  1. hey Max!

    dang, I hate that everyone was sick but sounds like it was still a great week. I am very glad to hear that you are still feeling good. woo hoo!

    you are gonna get a kick out of Pete....he has a beard nearly as long as Marty....I hope he doesn't shave.

    love you and wish we were there,

    chris and linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Maxine,

    We had such a wonderful time with you and the family last week. I'm so happy you had a great time in Sutter Creek, and I hope that Sheela was feeling OK for the trip.

    We would love to have everyone come down for dinner when Pete, John and Dorthy come in. Do you have any idea when you would like to get together? I wanted to call you, but I know you are tired after your treatments, and don't want to wake you if you are resting.

    Please give me a call, at work or on my cell, when you feel like talking, and we can work everything out. We can do a weekday if needed and Sam and I will take it off. Sam has to go to San Jose to do a photo session, but if we know what dates, hopefully he can work around us.

    I haven't seen Pete in over 25 years, and JD and Dorthy over 3 years. This is going to be great. We are looking forward to it. I wish Chris and Linda could come too.

    Call me! With all of our love,
    Debbe and Sam

    ReplyDelete