Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I had to say it....

Of course, because I said in the last blog "that unless anything dramatic happens, I won't be writing again for two weeks." Well it did and here I am blogging about it. I should know better than to open my mouth.

Mom went for her Chemo treatment yesterday and was doing fine until she was ready to leave. Dad was wheeling her out to the car in a wheel chair and Mom started to shake. She was having a seizure. Dad said her eyes rolled into the back of her head, she was foaming at the mouth and she shook so violently that she completely fell out of the wheel chair. Dad had a "grinch moment" where he lifted Mom up off the ground and put her back into the chair and rushed her back into the hospital. Thank God for the little things.... they had not left the hospital parking lot! So they admitted her and kept her until about 10:00 last night and then released her to go home. She is currently on anti-seizure meds and is at home resting.

That's pretty much it for now. As of right now, Mom and Dad plan on coming over to Jackson on Saturday to spend the day. We are all going to get together at my parents house and have a huge Thanksgiving dinner........ just for the heck of it. Yes, we realize it's only August! But we are taking every opportunity to get together these days and just celebrate all of us..... family.

I will update this again this weekend after we have our "big dinner". Hopefully I will be able to post some pictures as well. We will see! I will be starting the journal for Mom of all of your comments. So if you would like to get anything else in please do so before Friday. I would like to give it to Mom on Saturday when she is here. Thank you all!
Love,
Tara

7 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear Aunt Max has had such a hard day. You all are in our prayers daily. Thank you for always keeping us up to date. We love you all Alanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're sorry about Maxine's seizure but glad help was at hand. Enjoy your Thanksgiving and be assured that many, many people are praying for the Hooper Family daily. Dennis & Carol Dunbar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara, you hinted at it in your comments but it just yelled out at us yesterday when we heard the news.

    I don't think it's a coincidence at all that just a week ago the thought was to stop the chemo.... and then a couple days later a change of heart had them deciding to proceed with the treatment.

    A decision placing them in that parking lot and not on top of a mountain when this occurred.

    Is God awesome or what?!?

    Love you and miss you and thanks always for this blog.

    -chris and linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Crazy times for you all! I love that you are getting together and doing "Thanksgiving" My Mom's family does this every year. My Uncle calls it "Practice Thanksgiving"! He loves making everything so much he thinks why wait! So there you go!
    I pray all goes well so you can still get together! Love much, Raeane =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's great that you're celebrating Thanksgiving. I know it will be a special time. May the Lord continue to extend his grace on Maxine and the whole Hooper family. We love you guys!

    the cortez family

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I read the blog, my heart aches and tears flow for each of you that love Maxine so much. We have loved Maxine and Marty for years. They took us under their wing when I was a baby Christian and newly married to a non-believer. Through their love and "life teaching" my husband came to know the love of God and accepted His gift of salvation. For that I will be eternally grateful! I just want you to know that we love you and our prayers have been with you right along even though I have not commented on this blog before. My silence is not a lack of caring ... it's a lack of words. I never know what to say. I can only pray for each of you from my heart, with the help of the Holy Spirit. We love you dearly and pray for you daily. Keep your eyes on Him. Just wanted you to know ... you are so special and dear to us, we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry! I forgot to sign my post above.
    Love, for all eternity! Carol & Mitch <><

    ReplyDelete