Sunday, October 11, 2009

So Sorry

Hey everyone-
So sorry it's been so long. Mom and Dad just move over here from Garden Valley on friday. So far, it has been great to all be together. Monty flew out from Oklahoma on Tuesday, Mark Hooper flew in Thursday and Matthew and Sheela drove up Friday. Mikala has extended her stay until next weekend and with that, all seven kids (plus spouses and children) are here! It's amazing to see all of us together, in one place for a common reason....... to spend what time we have left with mom.
Mom isn't doing well. Her breathing has become labored, we made the decision to put her on oxygen last night to help her with that. Sheela has been such a blessing..... for those of you who don't know, she is a nurse! Having her there has been a huge help for those of us who don't know what to do! mom is sleeping for the most part of a day most days. She is exhibiting beginning signs of her internal organs and system shutting down. Blue spots are appearing on her feet and legs which tells us things are shutting down. She's not eating a lot, and sometimes doesn't respond to questions or comments made to her unless you repeat them multiple times.

Watching this unfold before my eyes is so very difficult. As I was there with everyone last night, I stood by mom's bedside and stroked her hair. I watched everyone talking, the kids running about and thought to myself, "Wow, my kids really don't know what's going on. That they are losing a grandmother." Tears came to my eyes and I had to quickly push that thought aside. But throughout this, the closeness of the family is so vital. I realize I am blessed to be apart of the Hooper family. As I was leaving, I was saying my goodbye's and sought out Morgan, Makenzie and Bethany. I found them in a separate room, practicing a song. I was invited in and they sang a three part harmony song Morgan has been writing for Jama. I stood in amazement, listening to my nieces sing harmonies that are beyond them vocally and was wow-ed by the lyrics and feeling that came from within each one of them. As we drove home, I thought to myself, what a testimony Maxine is leaving behind. She has touched so many, taught us all so much and we all have a part of her within us. I am most grateful for this.
So, if you haven't come up to see mom yet and would like to, I encourage you all to do so now. it is my belief that she doesn't have much more time here with us..... a month at best. Thank you all again, for your prayers and thoughts for the family at this hard time. But we all know that Christ has used mom in ways we will never fully comprehend.
Blessings,
Tara

8 comments:

  1. Our prayers continue to be for Maxine and all of the family. You all are such an example to everyone who knows and loves you. Thanks for keeping us informed. We realize it is a hard job. We love you all.
    Dennis and Carol Dunbar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always in our prayers! Our hearts are there with you each of you!
    Much Love - April, Ricky, Brittney & Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brought tears she is such an amazing woman and is loved by so many we are praying for all of you and that God gives you strenght to get through this time. We love you all Adam and Alanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you all. The legacy began the day Marty married Maxine and by God's grace the legacy will continue for generations. From the outside looking in, we see three generations who serve God and who have allowed us to watch and be a part of this service to God.

    Your dad prayed for me during my cancer battle. Please know that we have been and will continue to pray for Maxine and your entire family. We know it's hard,

    Vince and Betsy LaNovara

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart is so saddened reading your latest posting. But I'm glad you are all together loving each other through this difficult time. As I think of Maxine, I rejoice in her faith and the family God gave her.

    Lisa Whitehead Squire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending love and prayers to every member of the family. Please continue the updates. I'll come up when the celebration of her life has a date.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marty and Maxine our prayers are with you daily. What a blessing all of you have been to us. God bless you with His grace and comfort. We love you!

    In His love,
    Rick, Patty, Jamie, Jeremiah and Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  8. A friend posted this on my Facebook wall and I wanted to share it with you...

    "Buddy, I know it's difficult. I have lost my two best friends: my dad and grand dad. I will say this: the fact that you are so heavy-hearted, is a testimony to the close-nit nature of your extended family. Many are not close and don't experience the love that your family shares/enjoys. That, in itself, should bring you some comfort. Your Aunt Max is so fortunate to be surrounded by so many loving people. She will live on through y'all."

    We are indeed a blessed family! We miss being with you in person, but we are there in spirit. And we so cherish the time we got to spend out there this spring and summer.

    Blessings and Love and Hugs to you all,
    Chris and Linda

    ReplyDelete