Tuesday, October 13, 2009

So close now........

This is the blog I have been dreading. I don't even want my fingers to type these next words. Mom has hours left now. She is transitioning quickly. Her lungs are starting to fill with fluid and her breathing a bit more labored now. I look at her now knowing these are the last few days with her and I just fall apart inside. We all stood around her bedside tonight and sang her the song she always sings to the grandkids. I wish I could sing it for you all. Maybe some of you have heard her sing it.......
We love you
We love you
Sing to (insert grandchild's name) we love you
We love you
We love you
Sing to (name) we love you
We also went around and each of us mom's recited the little "poem" she also made up for each one of our kids. So in turn, we made one up for her tonight. This was a happy time. We all laughed and it was fun. After we were done, some stuck around her bedside and cried. My son was one of these. Reality is setting in with some of the younger kids. Warren (Mary's son) was also there with Mary crying. My heart broke for my son and for Warren. It's a rare thing to see these two cry.
As I write this, some of us are taking shifts to stay awake with mom and let the rest of us know if anything changes and we need to come back to the house.
Monty's three girls will be here Thursday. I pray mom can hold on until then so they can say their goodbye's.
I'm sorry if this is scattered. My thoughts are not together and I'm having trouble writing this. I apologize. I will post more as things progress.
Tara

14 comments:

  1. I'm praying for angels to fill her room this very minute to comfort Maxine and all her precious family. You are all so heavy on my heart.

    Lisa Whitehead Squire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update. We are continuing to pray for each of you as you go through this journey.

    Love~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the update. We pray for peace for all of you. Maxine will be sorely missed by so many people. Love, Dennis and Carol Dunbar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara,
    I don't believe that we ever met but I thank you so much for taking the time to keep us up to date with Maxine's trip HOME!! Each post brings me to tears more than the last and ALL of the Hooper clan and beyond have meant so much to my life in Christ. It is such a bitter-sweet feeling to see Maxine's life on this earth end but become the beginning of and extraordinary eternity!! Thank again. God Bless and be with the ENTIRE Hopper family and all is extensions during this difficult time!!

    Tighe Hammam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara I thank you for the strenght to keep us posted we love you all so much. I pray that God will give her strenght and will heal the hearts of the family Aunt Max leaves behind. Stay strong and know you all are so loved. Alanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please know that we are praying for Maxine and her entire family.

    Mike and Kendra Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tara and family,
    I have followed this blog since Sharon & Monica at camp told me of the original diagnosis. I haven't yet commented because I haven't been able to attend RCP in a few years and wasn't sure if the family would all remember me. I will tell you this: I remember EACH of them! You are right when you say that the Hoopers leave a legacy and Maxine is a huge part of that. Please know that we are praying for each and every one of you. Maxine will be sitting at the throne, but I know you all will miss her.

    Love and prayers from Fresno,
    Melissa Whitehead- Valentine
    summer staff & registrar from Redwood (2001-2004)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOve You Jen!! And LOve To THe Whole Fam!
    xoxo, Cami*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this. Your Whole family is in our Thoughts and Prayers.
    May This be A Peace filled Event.

    Blessings, Camille Eason-Farr

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tara, you have done a remarkable job keeping everyone posted ... thank you so much! To the rest of this great, big, wonderful family we just want to say, we love all of you more than you know! You have been in our thoughts & prayers since we first heard of Maxine's brain tumor. As we read the comments above we could agree and with each one and add an Amen! What a legacy! With much love! Mitch & Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Tara, for so lovingly, keeping us posted on Maxine's journey!

    Our prayers are with Maxine and the whole Hooper family! We pray that she will transition peacefully into the arms of Jesus! What a wonderful testimony her life has been and will continute to be through her walk with God and through her husband, children and grandchildren!

    She will leave such a huge void, and will be greatly missed!!!

    Love and blessings,
    Bob and Kathy Pakes

    ReplyDelete
  12. We hold all of you up to our Lord in prayer. May God comfort each of you during this difficult time. Maxine has been a dear friend and example to all of us. God bless you with His grace and strength.

    Thank you Tara for allowing us to be part of this journey.

    In His love,
    Rick, Patty, Jamie, Jeremiah, and Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tara, thank you so much for your updates. Christine said Mikala posted that Maxine went to be with Jesus this morning. My prayers are with you all. I just lost my Daddy in May and know the feeling of being torn because they are gone but rejoicing because they are with HIM! will keep praying for you all!
    Kathy Woodman

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Marty and all you dear folk,my words will be poor salve for such a serious wound but,nonetheless, I must send all my love and empathy at this agonizing time.My Father died of this terrible disease and I too kept watch at his bedside till the end. God is with you. Love,Jeannine Eason

    ReplyDelete